Monday, December 6, 2010

Things I Think I Thought A Lot About: Vol. 6

Hello large audience of loving, devoted readers! I have a couple things to share today:

1. I am essentially finished with my first semester of Senior year of college. AHHHHHHHHH!
2. Is there any more ridiculous workout than swimming? Maybe it's because I'm not a swimmer.

I can't believe how fast this semester has gone by. It has been a whirlwind of unbelievable fun, boring (sorry, it's true) classes and endless parties. I've met so many awesome new people, and rarely passed up an opportunity to go out and have fun. Taco Tuesday has been a revelation. My only regret is that I didn't take advantage of these things last year too! Anyway, it's a really weird feeling. I am honestly sick and tired of classes, especially the majority that are uninteresting to me. But, I am nowhere near mentally prepared enough to be done with college, done with Pullman, done with this grown-up-but-still-allowed-to-be-irresponsible transitional period. I definitely wouldn't complain about another year or two in this awesome town. At the same time, I'm really excited to see what happens in the "real world." Mom, if you're reading this, try to suppress the tears!

Seventeen school weeks from now, I'll basically be done. Technically, I have a few more credits to take care of on Semester-At-Sea in the summer, but that's going to be much, much different. Looking back at this semester, I can honestly say that I only enjoyed one class. It's not for lack of hard work or even disinterest, despite being required to take every class. It just really was unfortunate; every class but my "conditioning swimming" class was either boring, poorly taught or had frustrating assignments. Anyway, let's just talk about how awesome the swim class was. Someone might read this and wonder how I could enjoy a class in which I simply get there, swim laps for an hour, and leave. Well, first of all, it was a hell of a lot easier than getting my lazy butt up to the actual gym on a regular basis. But, more than that, the teacher (DeDe!) and a lot of the kids in the class were awesome too. It's rare that I look forward to waking up for my first class, especially one where I physically have to work. So, as to #2 from above, is there anything more ridiculous than a swim workout? I felt like I was going to die after every class (for a little bit, then I felt refreshed when I got hydrated and got my breath back!), but the thing that killed me was today's final class. We had a class swim meet and I swam a 50-yard freestyle as the last leg of a relay, the 50-yard backstroke, and the third leg of the 100-yard freestyle relay. That's five laps total, and I was winded. Granted, it was sprinting, but after usually swimming anywhere from 75-100 laps in the hour class, I could not believe how dead I was after just FIVE! Anyway, because of this strange ratio, I've decided it's one of the best workouts ever. Never should have quit the swim team!

Other news tidbits from today:
- MTV is the worst channel ever made (it's been on our TV all day for some reason)
- Go out and buy Inception on Blu-Ray tomorrow!!!!!!!!
- My buddies and I from the football game are in the Daily Evergreen!!! (WSU student newspaper)

2 comments:

  1. inception on blu ray and this is a perfect post

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfection achieved! thanks for the tip ;)

    ReplyDelete